Benefits of Membership in ACTR
The benefits of membership in the American Council of Teachers of Russian are numerous. Members have access to the latest resources and news in the field of Russian that they can share with students and colleagues. Members can also connect and share their experiences and resources with other colleagues from around the country and abroad. ACTR represents American teachers of Russian in the International Association of Teachers of Russian (MAPRIAL), linking ACTR members with the conferences and activities of counterparts in Russia, Eurasia, Eastern Europe and more than 60 countries around the world. There are benefits not only for teachers, but for students at all levels as well, including the latest information on programs in which students can participate.
Members of ACTR receive:
- The ACTR newsletter, a professional newsletter published four times per year containing current professional news, resources and articles pertaining to the field of Russian.
- The Russian Language Journal, a scholarly peer-reviewed journal published annually, consisting of research, resources, symposia, and publications pertinent to the study and teaching of Russian Language and culture.
Current information on professional development opportunities for teachers, Summer Language Teacher Exchange, Prototype AP Russian Examination, and funding opportunities for study and research abroad for students and faculty.
- Access to ACTR webinar archive (coming soon)
Questions about ACTR membership?
Email Irina Dubinina,
ACTR Membership Secretary at
Members of ACTR are eligible to participate in the following ACTR-sponsored competitions and award programs:
· The Olympiada of Spoken Russian
· The National Russian Essay Contest
· The National Post-Secondary Russian Essay Contest
· The Russian Scholar Laureate Award program
· The Post-Secondary Russian Scholar Laureate Award program
Finally, membership in ACTR supports a professional organization that has been at the forefront of advocating not only for education abroad, but also for pedagogical innovation, substantive research, cutting-edge assessment, and foreign language education. ACTR members join a community of committed educators who believe that knowledge is power, and that proficiency in Russian is even more powerful.
Join ACTR Today!